Even though Supermetrics is a very easy to use tool, I every now and then run into trouble using it. Admittedly, this probably should be attributed to my way of working rather than to the software itself 😉
Just last week I noticed that a couple of my reports weren’t emailing as scheduled. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong as everything looked allright, except for the emailing. So I filed a ticket and got help in just a few hours (Thank you Supermetrics for the fast response!) and got the emailing working again.
The thing was that I had the same QueryID for two different queries on different Google Sheets. As one had refreshed and emailed, the other could not do that any more as we use Supermetrics Pro and not Super Pro. Or, actually, it did refresh but it didn’t email. And having the same trigger time for both reports, according to Supermetrics’ support “… it may be random everyday which one actually sends, depending on who gets in the processing queue first.”
Luckily the fix is easy, just delete the QueryID on the sheet called SupermetricsQueries and refresh the query manually. A new QueryID is assigned to your query and you’re good to go.
So, how did I end up with the same QueryID on two reports? Easy. I had copied the entire report using the Make a copy -option in the File-menu. Which, in hindsight, obviously also copies the QueryID. But this I didn’t think about at the time. Actually, I’m quite surprised this hasn’t happened to me before.
So my advice to you is twofold: Mind your QueryID’s when copying queries and/or files. And if you have many reports to jiggle (I have approx. 200 automated reports, some of them with multiple queries) it might be worth considering to keep track of the QueryID’s.
I decided to add the QueryID:s to my masterlog of all reports I maintain. And then did add a conditional formatting rule to the area where I store the QueryID:s. This way I’ll automatically be alerted about duplicate QueryID:s across my reports.